Monday, April 13, 2020

Another Spring Baby!

The wait is over!  After two barn checks during the night, I went out at 5:00
on Sunday morning to find Echo with a newborn buckling already on his feet!  Meet Briar the Easter kid!

We thought that perhaps Echo would follow up with another kid but she did not.  He's a cute little guy, not sure what is up (or rather not up) with his ears though...

Dahlia has grown so much in her two weeks of life!  Vinca is making plenty of milk so I am perfecting my one handed milking technique.  I always enjoy milking but with Dahlia providing the entertainment it's even more pleasurable!


Another part of spring - the deer are coming out in groups and feasting on the wheat that is greening up the field.  The evening view from the milking stand usually includes a few varmints.

One of the deer is exceptionally bold and comes right up to the winter coop to nosh on the poultry food!


Out in the garden, the rhubarb is up but more exciting is the garlic!

Still under lights in the basement, the tomatoes are looking good!  We'll' be moving this flat out to the greenhouse soon and it won't be long before they will need to be transplanted.  I will have to recruit some help with that!  I don't grow as many varieties as I used to; this year it's Amish Paste, Brandywine, Climbing Triple Crop, Kathy's Red Barn, and Punta Banda (a cherry).

Well, that is as much one-handed typing as I am good for. Until next time, be well folks!







No comments:

Post a Comment