Sunday, September 13, 2015

A New Good Thing

If you visit my garden it will pretty obvious that I like rusty stuff. 

I used to be very interested in ornamental gardening, still am I guess.  On my bookshelves are many flower gardening and design books, and although I do not have the time for many flowers any more, my current vegetable garden has been influenced by this interest.  I like structure and I like rustic.  So I am tickled with my new tuteur.
tuteur... A four-sided pyramid- or obelisk-like trellis designed to train climbing plants.

This is something I've had in my head for quite a few years.  When Matt Hurd started bringing welded garden art to the Farmers Market in Aitkin, I just had to ask him if he could make it form me.  He did, and it is perfect.  I LOVE it!  I have all winter to decide how fit it in to the garden.

Otherwise, a usual fall weekend around here.  We dodged a frost-bullet Friday night and the weather has been grand.  I cooked up and canned more tomato sauce; Kevin did some field work.  We ground feed for the critters.  Kevin moved ForestRanger's house and paddock, as he does every weekend so they have fresh grass.  Thank goodness they are getting further from the house as Ranger is getting even more stinky.  As you can see in the photo, they are close to the road, so passersby would be well advised to keep their windows rolled shut!

That's about it.  See you next time and thanks for stopping by the blog.  Be well all.


No comments:

Post a Comment