Sunday, October 22, 2017

Random October

Subtitle:  A little of this and of that...

You may recall my post a couple of weeks ago.  I was crabby about all of the nasty insects on the laundry that was hanging on the clothesline; I described my efforts to removed them.  The post script to that story is that although I was able to shake most of the critters off of our clothes, I did not get them all.  I found a couple of the beasts on the INSIDE of my pants AT WORK, A WEEK LATER!!!  Ugh!

Let the randomness begin:

If someone calls you from my phone and meows... it's isn't me trying to be funny:

Kevin and Rollie ground feed for the pigs on Tuesday - they had a lot of helpers with the clean-up


and Kevin's hair ended up even whiter than it already is!

Penelope's poults are getting pretty big these days but they continue to be quite shy.


It was chicken moving weekend.  I have mentioned this event quite often over the years.  Each spring the hens and resident rooster move to the Summer Coop, then in the fall they move back to the Winter Coop.  It's hard to get photos of this because we all have our hands full of unhappy poultry, but Kurt did manage to get a couple this time:

Before the move - a sort of creepy shot inside of the Summer Coop:

And Kevin carrying a bird or two to the lit-up Winter Coop.

And there you have it - Random October.  Be well friends.


2 comments:

  1. Those bugs are nasty this year. We are getting a ton of box elder and the beetles both. Cute photo of the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristina - Lily is 15 years old but still likes to play. She's the one who moved into the house just a year or so ago after being a shop cat all of her life - living large in the house!

    ReplyDelete