Sunday, March 3, 2019

Spring will come, Spring will come...

Spring will come, Spring will come...My new mantra...

Every morning I greet the does "Good Morning little does! spring will come" I don't know if they believe me.  Sometimes I don't believe me...

Admittedly, the snow is beautiful.  Driving to work in a fresh few inches is no big deal.  It's the cold that is wearing us out.  We are just so tired of below zero chores.  This morning -13.  Tonight's low predicted -18; it just goes on and on and on. Today the high was 1 degree and the wind was biting.

Yesterday was better - sunny and calmer. Hoover and I got quite a workout walking the logging roads that haven't been plowed for a while. 

 Hoover would much prefer to run off leash, but I do not let him for fear of running across a deer.  

The hens are still laying well and out in the summer coop the turkeys seem to be doing just fine with their forced incarceration; Tom has been doing some gobbling lately .  I have no regrets about making them stay indoors for the winter.  I hope Penelope and Peanut like the coop enough to lay their eggs in there when the time comes. 

Back to the goats - they are enduring.  Bellys are getting big. Kids are about a month away.
Not the greatest picture but when I climbed up on the higher spool table they kept trying to follow me - probably because I usually have some kind of tasty treat in my pockets.  My fingers got cold trying to get a decent photo, but you get the idea!

The machinery sleeps but farm work chores continue,  just different chores.  I'll be back in a few weeks with a new post and some spring happenings.  Be well friends, and stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. We are getting less snow than you, but the bitter cold is returning. Sigh...I'm so ready for winter to be over.

    ReplyDelete