Sunday, October 6, 2019

Soggy Start to October

October, I am not impressed with you so far.... cold, wet, Very Wet - enough with the rain!

I didn't have a post last week because there just wasn't much to say - and not too much this week either.  It's just that time of year.  I will probably be posting every couple weeks for a while, or maybe even every third week.  This one is just a few tidbits.

Good news for the little orphan turkeys.  They had the smaller room in the Winter Coop to themselves for a while - a lot of valuable coop space for just a few ounces of poultry. Then they were adopted by friend Dana - doesn't she look happy about it?  What a great smile! Her first turkeys.  Thank you Dana!!!


In an all too brief interval between rain showers, I captured the latest View from the Milking Stand.  The woods are too soggy for woodcutting, but are getting pretty to look at.




Out in the barn, lots of hay is being consumed - the goats are constantly reminding me that they are water soluble, the slightest sprinkle will prevent them from going out!
I finished bringing the pumpkins and squash out of the garden today.  Many of them are stacked out on the front deck at the time being.  I'll be cooking and freezing them as time allows.
These leaf prints are from the sidewalk near my work.  Nature's art will not last but I think it's pretty cool.

And that's all I have!  Thanks for stopping by the blog, and until next time, be well friends!

2 comments:

  1. That's good news for the turkey. We have permanent leaf marks on our back patio. The last homeowner had it stamped to look like natural rock and when they did it, it must have been fall and the leaves got on it while it was drying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why but I am always looking at leaves - one of nature's gifts

      Delete