Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday doings

Howdy!

Hey locals!  The Crow Wing County Fair is this coming week.  They do it pretty well over there.  Also, next weekend is Riverboat Days in Aitkin with a lot going on, including the opening of the new exhibit at the Jacques Art Center.  It's the Community Art Project and should be pretty awesome to see.  Maybe you can spot my little quilt block.

Today everyone is busy as usual.  Kevin is getting ready to go to camp tomorrow.  For those of you who may not know, he is the Scoutmaster of the local boyscout troop.  I think he stays with it just so he can go to camp every year!  Anyway, when cleaning out the troop trailer, he came across these bigger-than-family size cans of condensed soup, which were expired.  Would the chickens eat this?

Oh yes!
Mmmm Mmmm Good!

Out in the garden many exciting things are happening, like broccoli, beans, and cucumbers.  Also today I harvested some basil for drying.  It dries in the microwave lickety-split. 
Before
After
I also have rosemary, oregano, and thyme growing out there.  These are all things I use quite a bit of.

Today's garden helper is Spot. 

And, a little visitor to the cucumbers, only about the size of my thumbnail!

So, I need to get a few more things done before chore-time, so, until next-time, maybe tomorrow, I wish you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment