Monday, August 20, 2018

GroundHOG's Sunday


This post is about Sunday the adventures of the pigs, but the story will begin with a hen.

The hens and Julio will soon be free to roam about wherever they please, but right now are confined to the Summer Coop-yard and this grassy area that I have added.  Someone in this photo stands out a bit from the usual color palette of my Ole Lake Reds – do you see her?



Meet Barack the Barred Rock!  . 


I had an appeal from another "chicken lady" – a senior citizen who loves her hens but was finding the obligations of chicken keeping to be a bit much.  She has two hens that will be joining my flock, but one is staying with her for now due to an injury inflicted by a neighbor dog.  Anyway, Barack was delivered on Sunday morning and as I stood in the driveway visiting with her owner, a pig trotted by. 

Here we go again... 

I did not mention pigs in my last post, but two weeks ago the post was mostly about rounding up rogue pigs on that Sunday morning.  Last week I could have pretty much repeated the post but chose not to – it seemed too repetitive!   When we went to bed this Saturday night, I may have mentioned to Kevin that I was hoping that this Sunday morning wouldn’t be a repeat of the last two.  Guess I shouldn’t have said that!

Anyway, the pigs were rounded up again safely and returned to their piggy paddock but not without some fun on their part and sweat on ours.  




I suspect that big spotted one in the middle is the instigator but who knows!

I will close with a couple of sunflowers pictures.  They are so fun to have blooming so profusely! 


And this one I have featured on our farm facebook page so many of you have seen it, but for those who have not, I present “The Mutant”!

Until next time, be well friends!

1 comment: