Sunday, August 26, 2018

Last Post of August

I am pleased to announce that even though it is Sunday, no P.I.Gs escaped today! 

Our Sustainable Farming Association held a community event yesterday - made for a very long day for both of us. After the many months of planning we are glad to have it behind us. 

Today's post features the chickens. Today I let the hens out to roam the place.  They were quick to leave the coop and extended pen I had made for them -  I imagine their clucks to mean "freedom! freedom!"
 I caught a good picture of one of my favorites - she's the last of three Dark Cornish that I had and the most senior of my hens.

Over at the winter coop, I set up a temporary fence to get the youngsters out into some vegetation as their yard is picked clean.  The oldest of this year's cockerels are big enough to butcher now and the pullets are looking good.

Some of the cockerels are very handsome fellows!

That's all I have to share for this evening. Thanks for stopping by the Ole Lake Farm blog, and be well friends.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear no pigs escaped. I hear about that from most who raise them (getting out of the pen/fence).

    ReplyDelete