Sunday, September 2, 2018

Signs of Autumn

If you heard that our area got hit pretty hard by a storm Friday night, you might be expecting a damage report.  The high winds and huge hail went north and all we experienced was an impressive light show. Thank goodness for that but we do feel for those who did not get missed.

 At morning milking time there isn't much to see from the milking stand - it's too dark!  This picture was taken around midday; it's still pretty green out there, but the foliage of the forest has dulled down to a more muted hue.   The plowed field is where rye was recently harvested and is now planted to wheat.
Other signs of the season... First home game for our Aitkin Gobblers:
And our own gobbler strutting his stuff!
The Sunflowers are bowing their heads to the end of summer
These pumpkins are all volunteers from the big composting manure pile - there are more in there too!
This vine has climbed into the hayshed.  It will be fun see just how big it will get before frost kills the vine.

Be thankful the internet hasn't figured out how to send aromas in digital format!  Ranger has been splashing on that special cologne of his.
Don't worry about that chain he is wearing; he just gets a little "gangsta" for a short time when he is staked out while Kevin is moving the lad's paddock.

 So that is all for this week.  Happy Labor Day to you all; be safe out there and be well. 

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog as it brings back homesteading memories and life with goats! BTW I really like your soap! It was nice chatting with you at the Farmer's Market and I'm glad I bought some. Not making my own any longer, I have had to buy from many other sources, near and far and so far yours is the closest to what I made...superior! Thank you, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember that stink the male goats get. I was just thinking about it yesterday, wondering if I want to get goats again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my goats... even Ranger but do need to keep hands off as much as possible at this time of year!

      Delete