Sunday, September 1, 2019

September 1

Here we are, September already!

Since my last post the grain harvest has been wrapped up - the spring wheat is in the trailer waiting to be fanned and we have a little more hay in the barn.

The days are noticeably shorter - the morning view from the milking stand looks kind of like this:

 So here is a view from Saturday afternoon - a beautiful day!  You can see Rollie on his way in from raking the hay.
In the garden I am still waiting on ripe tomatoes.  It's been cool so they are not progressing very fast.  The pumpkins and squash that are planted in the strawbales look great though- you can see them peaking out here and there.

Speaking of peaking, can you spot Scruffy, the feral cat in the long grass?

The turkeys, while not big enough to send to the butcher yet, are getting big and the little toms are acting a lot like their dad.

I harvest a big bowl of rose hips today- this evening they are cooked up and draining.  I decided to make them into syrup.  I'll let you know how that turns out. 
And that is all I have for this evening.  Thanks for stopping by the blog, and until next time, be well friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment