Sunday, September 24, 2017

Storm Damage

I hope that someday we can look back at the weather of 2017 and remember it as an unusual, strange sort of  year.  I sure hope this isn't our new normal.  Unseasonable cool or even cold days when it should be warm, now warm when it should be cool.  No serious frost yet - weird.

This has been a stormy week and we did not escape from damage.
Can you see the holes in the roof of the greenhouse?

Critter-wise, it's a lot quieter around here.  Mitzi went home today as planned; I will miss her but maybe not her loud voice.  Yesterday all of the young roosters and one of the tom turkeys became just chicken and turkey.  Both of the toms were supposed to make it to the freezer but one of them escaped the capture team (Kori, Rollie, and I) and gets to stay a while longer.  

Penolope and the poults have settled in.  I do not know where they spend the night - not in the shelter we provided for them.  I was worried during the storms but they seem to be just fine.  They like resting on this borrowed excavator.


The boy scout's pumpkin patch provided a bumper crop this year.  Today was pumpkin picking day. This is the field before the scouts arrived.
This is just some of them - many more left with the scout families to be sold and provide much needed funds for the boys to go to camp.


My view from the milking stand is a little more colorful.  The young rye field has really greened up.  That's a bit of Vinca's tail in the upper right.
There will not be a post here from me next Sunday - maybe Kori will do a guest post.  Kevin and I are taking a little vacation to celebrate a pretty big anniversary. Until then, be well friends.

4 comments: