Sunday, July 8, 2018

Joys of July

Sometimes when I sit down on Sunday evening I have a blog post all but written in my head.  This is not one of those evenings - it's pretty much "seat of the pants" writing here tonight.

I hope that you all had a nice Independence Day.  Ours started out in a soggy way.

Kori, Rollie, and I had all signed up for the Glen 5K which takes place just 4 miles down the road from where we live.  Kori and Rollie were walkers and I did it as a run, although much slower than in past years I must admit.  Anyway, the rain started shortly after we all got started and it was pretty heavy at times.  By the time we were done we were all like drowned rats.  Makes for a good story to tell in the future though... "remember that year we did the Glen 5K and it poured?"

There is a new little farmer's market in Glen on Fridays that we sometimes vend at, and we were there on Wednesday too for the holiday.  One of the other vendor's daughters brought along her new pet piglet, which Kevin really seemed to bond with...

 

In the background you can see Ardis and Rollie - Ardis has a flea market type of stand at that market too.

Back here at home, Penelope has begun to stay closer to the house as I had hoped.  A favorite spot is in the backyard, sitting on the picnic table.

The buckwheat is in full bloom this week.  I had no idea it would be so tall, it's higher than my waist. 

The pollinators are loving it.  Although we have no resident honeybees, I found this one gathering up pollen.  I wish I knew where it came from.

Last week I had a picture of Ranger peeking out of the wagon - now Forest has gotten in on that as well.  They enjoyed hopping into and out of the wagon so much than when Kevin moved their paddock today, he moved the wagon too.

I will close with an updated View From the Milking Stand.  As you can see, the hay between the blooming buckwheat and the ripening rye has been cut and baled up and yeah - no break downs!  It was nice of Penelope and her family to wander into the photo.

So that's it for tonight.  Next weekend will be busy with the farmer's market and a family reunion, but I should be back with a new post. Until then, be well friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment