Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day 2019

Hello all.  Today is a day to take a little time to remember that many, many people have died serving our country and protecting the rest of us. Just thinking about that is a somber thing.   We must never forget them.

So, a little update on the farm activities.  Kevin and Rollie got the wheat planted but did have to change the planting plan due to some overly wet areas.  I have made some progress with the garden make-over, but am not done yet.  We have the first regular farmer's markets of the season behind us.  The weather could have been better but they went ok. 

I put some basil in a tub by the garage - handy to the kitchen; I have to protect it from the poultry though - they seem to think any pot of dirt is some kind of buffet.
Gus the goat has a bit of a skin condition going on - a new paint job is called for!

 These pots of impatiens hopefully will be safe with the rocks that I added to cover the soil.

Added a fun piece of art to the garden shed door.  Eventually this will rust and look even better.

The first set of chicks are pretty much teenagers now.  They roam around the place and get in trouble by digging in the mulch around the garlic. 
The youngest bunch are still delightfully cute. 
Sadly, Mamma Hen 5 did not hatch any of her eggs - bunch of duds I guess.  But - very exciting news from the hay shed - peeping is heard from under Peanut!  I kept checking but so far she hasn't given me much of a look.  I did snap this one photo of them - I think I see twelve little cuties in there!

The kids are a blast.  We had some visitors this weekend who wanted to try out goat yoga  The doelings were happy to oblige!

There are a couple of old doghouses in the goat pasture.  This year's kids especially love the peaked one for climbing.  Poppy was the first one I noticed up there.

 A few days later, Tulip was using it for a launching pad!

Ready...
Set...
Go!!

Thanks for stopping by the blog - until next time, be well friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment