Sunday, May 19, 2019

Soggy Weekend

Hello all!

It was an interesting week - I took vacation time from my town job to work on the garden, and with Kevin's help did get some clearing out done.  As usual, not as much was accomplished as was hoped for.

Kevin and Rollie got the oats planted and were very happy to check that off of their "to do" list.

We did have a couple of sunny days this week.  Mamma Hen 1 and her big chicks joined me in the garden while I worked.


Mamma Hen 4 and her chicks enjoyed the sun as well.

I had visitors - this is my beautiful Aunt Virgie who came with Uncle Roy and California cousin Russ.

Virgie brought me some old photos - in this one she is the girl on the right; that is my dad in the middle, and Aunt Arlene on the left.  This would have been around 1938 or 1939 I think.

The beautiful spring weather abruptly ended - cold, rain, wind - it's been a downright unpleasant couple of days- no further garden work happened.  Today we even had some snow!
(there really is snow going on in this photo!)
 Garden Project Interrupted!  

The plants in the greenhouse are way behind where they should be.  The lettuces are still tiny!

There was a bright spot today though, despite the weather - we had our first asparagus to eat this evening and it was delicious!

Those were the highlights of this past week. Coming up we have our first Farmer's Markets of the summer season, so you will hear about that next time.  Until then, be well friends!

2 comments: