Sunday, July 28, 2019

What Kori and Debby had for dinner on Friday

The title of this post is quite different from my usual and I don't usually post photos of food but that is what you are going to get today.

First though because I don't like to do posts without critter pictures, here are the turkeys.  They are getting to be a bit of a pain as they like to roost on everything.  Not that the roosting is so bad, but they have to leave a little something behind wherever they pause.

Now, back to the food thing.  I had the privilege to represent our farm at the Sprout MN's Summer Harvest Dinner as a featured farmer.  Kori came along with me while Kevin stayed home and milked the goats.  Kori took pictures of each course.

I will start with a photo of the menu.  Many of you probably know that you can make the image on your screen bigger by holding the the control key and scrolling your mouse, but if you didn't now you do.

Course by course as the dinner was served the chef, sommelier, and featured farmer each took the microphone for a minute or two.

First course:
This was the tapas course - Kori was actually missing one item but she did get it.  The mini taco was so good - two bites!

Second course:
This was awesome, and I got to eat Kori's mushrooms - her loss!

Third course:
The bun for the slider was made with our Turkey Red whole wheat flour
 Fourth course:
This lamb was really excellent although we were getting a little full by then. 
And dessert, this is the course that I was the featured farmer for:
I do not have the words to describe just how amazing this was - and this was made with our flour too! 

Everything was just delicious.  Everyone there appreciated good, healthy local foods and the people who produce it.  I was just so happy to be there!

Thank you for reading our blog and being interested in our farm.  Kevin and I really enjoy sharing our experiences with you.  Until next time, be well friends!



2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. The food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina, it was a great evening. I was nervous about it but once I got there it was all good. My only regret was that because I was driving, I could only have a few sips of the wine!

      Delete