Monday, June 8, 2020

Warm June Weather

These last couple of days have been warm in our area - high 80's today and we don't have our air conditioners installed yet.  One more warm day and then it looks like we have a string of cooler ones coming and some rain which we can always use.

My sister Carolyn has pointed out to me that I haven't mentioned Spot, our elderly cat recently.  She's fine.  After a long winter of enjoying life indoors, she is now venturing out again - apparently just to try out different napping areas:


The pigs are homed in a portable pasture shelter with an attached paddock made of wire fence panels.  The original plan was to moved them through an area that was planted with buckwheat last year.  The buckwheat was mowed down but not combined so the thought was that it would be thick with self seeded buckwheat this year.  Strangely, very little of the buckwheat came up and while the pigs enjoyed rooting up the soil there, green food was lacking.  This weekend they and their shelter and pen were  moved to the summer coop chicken pasture which has very long grass.  They seem to be enjoying it there.


While taking pictures I happened to catch one of the pigs upside down - he had crawled into the trough of water for a brief soak and then just rolled out!

And here is a little oddity.  I found this old bucket smashed flat out in the woods in an area that the guys had been cutting wood in this spring.  Since I like rusty old things and it still resembles a bucket, I hung it on the garden fence.  Unfortunately the birds perch there a lot and have pooped all over it.   One of them left a surprise!

I will close with an updated View from the Milking Stand.  I love green!

Thank you for stopping by the blog, until next time, be well and stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your updates. I forgot about buying soap, so hopefully I will get on that today. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete