Sunday, June 24, 2018

A Beautiful Weekend

This post is going to be pretty short because there isn't much going on here.  I wonder how that can be when we are so darn busy?  I guess if I knew the answer to that we wouldn't be!

Anyway, seems like this week just flew by.  I had a much better and definitely drier day at the farmer's market yesterday; lots of weekenders stopped by and it is always interesting to visit with them.

We still have little Periwinkle, although she's  not so little now.  Her brothers left home earlier this month and she will likely be sold too at some point, but I don't have any urgency to move her on just yet.  She is a sweet little goat; still kind of shy but very smart.  And pretty, don't you think?

Out in the chicken yard it is interesting to have 4 batches of chicks at different ages - the very first bunch were the ones that came from the incubator - they are looking more like chickens than chicks now but still have their chick voices.

Sad news to report from the pig pen - we lost one this week.  Pneumonia maybe, we don't know.  Kevin heard it cough and at breakfast time we couldn't catch it to give it a shot.  At suppertime when we went back, it was dead.  These sorts of thing are very discouraging when we try to provide our animals with good care and happy lives, but they are part of farm life and we move on.

And one last thing.  Right now, as I sit here typing, I have noticed a tiny dot on my hand.  I went to brush it off and it is stuck.  A tick!  A teeny, tiny, ridiculously small tick.  See it there on the left!  I've only washed my hands how many times since chores?  I just can't believe it.  Maybe it jumped on when I was out to take laundry off the line, and just bit right down. 
It's gone now of course, it didn't have much of a bite yet.  I sure do have the creepy crawlies now!

Next Sunday will be July already - Amazing!  Until then, be well friends.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you lost a pig. It's hard when you have animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina - and yes, that is the hardest part, we sort of feel that we failed him.

      Delete